Online Resources, Quizzes, Activities and Exhibitions
If you’re looking for something fun and creative to do, or something new and interesting to explore, then why not escape to Surrey’s museums for a while from the comfort of home.
Follow the links to the museums resources.
- Online exhibition ‘Look Back in Anger’ about the history of protest in Elmbridge
- Online exhibition ‘A Day at the Races’ about the development of horseracing in the borough
- Online exhibition ‘Elmbridge at War’
- Downloadable educational activities and crafts for families who are home schooling
The Hockey Museum
Send and Ripley History Society
- YouTube video about Gordon Stewart of Send Manor
- YouTube video about Sir Anthony Browne: The Man Who Was Given Send and Ripley as a present!
- YouTube video, discover more about the treatment of the homeless, past and present and see what a vagrant had to do to earn his night in the cell at the only Casual Ward of its kind in the country
- A virtual tour of the John Ruskin exhibition
- What’s on at Watts: Watts at home webpage
- Wellness at Watts Online, a wellbeing programme which takes inspiration from G F and Mary Watts and the calm they found in the Surrey Hills
- Make Space! Part of the new Watts at home series. Every week, discover simple art tutorials specially designed by Watts’s Make Space artists. Guided by video tutorials and free printable activity sheets, experiment with different techniques and explore the wonderful creations that can be made from limited resources
As well as all of these exciting museums resources, the Exploring Surrey’s Past website has fascinating stories, links and resources about the history of Surrey for all ages and interests. Currently, you’ll also find a list of free on-line educational and entertaining resources from the Surrey Heritage archives, as well as archaeology, libraries,The National Trust and various other organisations in Surrey and beyond. You’ll be busy for hours!