The Museum is based at Hampton Cottage, a 17th Century building dating back to at least 1682 when it was home to the widow of a local falconer. It was acquired by Leatherhead and District Local History Society in 1978 and extensively restored before opening as the Museum in 1980. The external, timber framed, structure was renovated and refurbished in 2019.
The small Museum has a wide range of exhibits, from Roman artefacts from a local villa to an extensive collection of Ashtead Pottery from the local and highly regarded inter war enterprise staffed largely by injured ex-servicemen. Recent displays have included one commemorating the late local watercolour artist Anthony Hill followed by one of aqua-tint watercolour prints notable local houses by John Hassell and son, early 19th Century artists.
The Museum enjoys a small attractive garden with early industrial exhibits.
COVID-19 NOTICE: Our site is currently closed. Please keep an eye on our website and social media for updates. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Easter till mid December
Thurs & Fri 1pm-4pm
64 Church Street